To order a photo in glass, first of all, it is required to send us a full-size photo ...
The next step in creating a photo glass is the processing of a photo.
You can place an order on our site and to pay for it using any method that is convenient for you: ...
Question: What is the available size for the photo in glass?
Answer: Basically, photo glass can be of any size, up to 2500 х 3000 mm, from the smallest one of 10 х 15 mm.
Also, our item can be shaped as any figure: oval, cupola, heart, circle or produced according to the customer’s pattern.
Question: Why your photos do not fade in the sunlight and do not get wet?
Answer: To produce photo glass, we utilize our unique technology that we do not disclose completely... However, we can state that the image itself is not subjected to fading as during printing, the paints are fixed with UV. The photo is protected from any atmospheric phenomena and weather conditions due to vacuum and polymer produced between the two glass sheets under high pressure. We guarantee that our goods won’t fade and get wet for 25 years!
Question: Is it possible to break photo glass?
Answer: If there is a will, there is a way to break everything:) Our items are not as fragile as ordinary glass because they are thick and multilayered but they are sensitive to mechanical damages (by the way, our warranty does not cover this case). That’s why installation and transportation of photo glass should be performed carefully and professionally. Also, we offer an additional service to use tempered glass instead of ordinary glass sheets. It makes the product more expensive, but considerably more sturdy.
We conducted an experiment to test how sturdy photo glass is: we took a granite place and ordinary (not tempered) Photo glass, put in on the ground and repeatedly dropped a small piece of granite on it from 1-meter height… As a result, the granite plate was spalled but the photo glass did withstand 3!!! hits and split a little after the third one.
To summarize, we can say that if one intends to spoil a monument, it is possible to break both the granite and the photo in glass. But with no deliberate damage to photo glass, this portrait will stand for many years to come, like those ones ordered by our customers.
Question: What does this technology imply?
Answer: We will repeat once again, we can’t disclose the technology completely as it is patented, etc. But to make it clear, it is similar to the one utilized in bulletproof glass production for tanks – however, they use 5-6 glass sheets, while we take only 2.
Question: How the portrait in glass can be fixed?
Answer: Photo glass can be fixed in various ways, depending on the monument’s construction:
- in a niche cut in the stone adjusting it with silicone, preferably avoiding the contact of the photo in glass and the stone, providing silicone padding. Thus, if the monument shrinks, the stone won’t make pressure on the glass;
- right to the monument’s surface without a niche. In this case, the glass must not be too big so that silicone or mounting glue could withstand the glass weight;
- with external fixings that are available at our store. Such type of mounting requires holes in the glass. This should be specified while placing the order.
Question: Is it possible to make a monument of glass?
Answer: Our workshop can produce a monument made of glass, with no granite. Typically, such monuments look like big photo glass, at least 20 mm thick. Most frequently, this monument is installed on a granite stand or pedestal with a cut-in slot to insert the photo glass or special mounting feet to hold the monument. They are adjusted to the headstone or the pedestal.
Question: What photo can be used for Photo glass?
Answer: We can make photo glass out of absolutely any photo or picture. What is more, we can add an inscription, initials or an epitaph. It is possible to make photo glass with a portrait + photo glass with an inscription and combine them in one glass in the front part, with the reverse side displaying saints’ faces, landscapes, or photo collage featuring moments from the deceased person’s life. Also, it is possible to make a headstone out of photo glass reading a verse or just depicting a beautiful picture.
Question: Where can I see your products?
Answer: Samples of our products are available at our office. Also, you can order granite or marble monuments there. Our head office is situated in Kyiv in the Baikove cemetery and Osokorky (see our contacts)
We cooperate with other workshops dealing with stone and monuments so you can find our photo glass samples almost in any city of Ukraine.
One of the best samples is the completed one that is installed in the cemetery already. That’s why you can see our products in the Baikove cemetery, Forest cemetery, Berkovets, Southern and other cemeteries in Ukraine
Also, as of now, our Photo glass is available for sale in Germany and Russia.
We are open to cooperation with monument producers and granite workshops.
FotosklO is a unique patented technology to produce portraits or any other images in multi-layered glass.
A photo in glass is a method of high pressure and temperature baking of an image printed on glass and tempered with UV light. This technology should not be confused with “gluing” as in glued glass, the sides have to be protected from humidity, otherwise they will get condensed or split. The so-called “glass packaging” won’t preserve the photo from the impact of time – the photo will become yellowish and lose its shape.
A photo in glass made by us can be used in monuments with open sides or other constructions subjected to temperature leaps, sunlight, and humidity. Photos in glass can WITHSTAND ALL THAT EASILY!
The paints used in photo glass are subjected to UV and thermal processing when they are made.
Beware of fakes! Our product is watermarked as FotosklO.
Stage 1Photo processing with regard to the customer’s wishes and printing requirements
Stage 2Cutting glass of needed thickness and shape
Stage 3Printing the image on glass
Stage 4Tempering the image with UV light
Stage 5Photo encapsulation between the glass sheets with high pressure and temperature over 140C
Stage 6Handling the product sides. Passing the masterpiece to the Customer and receiving one more happy client:)
The photo glass sides are always airtight and withstand humidity!
In case the glass is adjusted with external fixings, we recommend ordering an additional service of polishing the sides. It does not affect the quality of the product’s airtight properties but is an aesthetic element making the sides perfectly smooth.
Another additional option that could be included while making the glass order is the facet. The facet in the front part of the photo glass makes the item more refined and provides smooth shapes. If you would like to have a FotosklO with polished sides and a facet, please inform the manager about that while making your order!
Photo glass fixation is an important and responsible process. When considering the mounting right to the granite or marble plate, there are several options available:
- to the niche (chosen hollow in the plate). In this case, the distance between the photo glass and the stone must be at least 5 mm from all the sides. This is required as it helps to avoid the constant pressure on the glass in winter and with temperature leaps when glass and stone expand and squeeze. While mounting the glass to the niche it is important to pick up the correct silicone to fix and close the seams. We recommend the silicones Soul Silirub 2 и Sika flex 11
- for external fixation. This type of mounting requires drilling holes. You should inform the manager on this while making your order! You can buy steel fixings by the German producer Ninox at our shop. We offer bronze fixings by the Italian producer Coggiati as well. While mounting glass with external fixings, make sure the glass does not contact the metal.Ninox fixings are provided with silicone pads for the front and back sides of the glass, a pin in the hole should be wrapped with a plumbers tape.
- Another option to fix Photo glass is a granite or bronze frame. In this case, the fixation of glass is similar to the mounting in the niche.
- The simplest fixation option is just to glue Photo glass with silicone to the monument’s surface. This method is convenient when the monument is already installed in the cemetery and the glass size is rather small, the item won’t shift due to its own weight this way. This a wonderful method to refresh the monument or to put the Photo glass on the old portrait engraved in the stone. When it is necessary to add one more name on an existing monument, it is also possible to order glass with inscriptions and dates and to fix it covering the engraving.
We put a quality mark on all our products. It reads FotosklO in the right bottom corner. First, this is a confirmation to the customers that they receive an original FotosklO item. Second, this a proof to us in the case of warranty exchange. Only FotosklO gives a 25-year warranty and issues a warranty certificate to its clients.
Our technology is patented. All specialists are properly trained. This way, we were able to collect numerous positive customer reviews.
We are sure that thanks to the Photogallery the monument will differ very favorably from the gray sullen tasteless granite slabs with which the cemeteries are filled!
Our workshop started manufacturing photo glass as monument portraits in 2006.
Since then, the first monument portrait has successfully tackled the challenges of being exposed to thermal loading, rain, snow and the sunrays. Test of time proves the advantages of this technology and the professional skills of our employees.
On demand, we can demonstrate our works on the Baikove cemetery and others and you will check that yourself. We will be glad if you contact us requesting a sightseeing tour.
Our workshop operates with a full cycle of monument manufacturing!
- production of monument slabs from Ukrainian granite, alongside with marble supplies from Europe and Karelia available;
- development of the monument’s layout;
- carving sculptures in granite and marble;
- installation of monuments and headstones.